Calgary Youth Programs - Fall 2023
The Badminton Academy (Calgary) Child & Youth Programs - Fall 2023
In the Fall of 2023, Badminton Alberta offers a number of program choices in the Calgary area for child & youth aged 7-17 years of age interested in pursuing badminton. Group lessons are available Mondays, Wednesdays and Friday evenings at numerous school gyms throughout the City of Calgary.
Families in need of financial assistance may apply to the following agencies to ease the cost of their child's involvement in sport.
Calgary Child & Youth Program formerly the City of Calgary Recreation SCORE programs)
Badminton Alberta provides weeknight instructional programs throughout the City of Calgary. Program information can be accessed by following these links:
Thank you for your patience. Badminton Alberta is introducing a new registration system. Please take a minute to create a new family account. After you have created your new account, simply log-in to complete the registration including payment. Following your registration, you have the ability to log-in to confirm your registration, check dates, add a new class, etc.
If you experience a problem during registration
Margaret at Badminton Alberta via email:
Yonex Child lessons (aged 7-11 years of age)
- Mondays at Cedarbrae School (6:15pm - 7:35pm per 8-week session) = $160.00 - Sept 18, 25, Oct 2, 16, 23, 30, Nov 6, 20, 2023. (No lesson Oct 9, Nov 13 2023).
- Mondays at West Dalhousie School(6:15pm - 7:35pm per 9-week session) = $180.00 - Sept 18, 25, Oct 2, 16, 23, 30, Nov 6, 20, 27, 2023. (No lesson Oct 9, Nov 13, 2023).
- Fridays at Southland Leisure Centre (4:30pm - 5:30pm per 13-week session) = $260.00 - Sept 15, 22, 29, Oct 6, 13, 20, 27, Nov 3, 10, 17, 24, Dec 1, 8, 2023. (No missed lessons).
- Saturdays at Mount Royal University - (8:30am - 9:30am per 10-week session) = $200.00 - Sept 16, 23, 30, Oct 14, 21, 28, Nov 4, 18, 25, Dec 2, 2023. (No lesson on Oct 7, Nov 11, 2023).
Yonex Youth lessons (aged 12-17 years of age)
- Mondays at Cedarbrae School (7:45pm - 9:05pm per 8-week session) $176.00 GST($8.80) = $184.80 - Sept 18, 25, Oct 2, 16, 23, 30, Nov 6, 20,2023. (No Lesson on Oct 9, Nov 13,2023).
- Mondays at West Dalhousie School (7:45pm - 9:05pm per 9-week session) $198.00 + GST($9.90) = $207.90 - Sept 18, 25, Oct 2,16, 23, 30, Nov 6, 20, 27, 2023. (No lesson on Oct 9, Nov 13, 2023).
- Fridays at Southland Leisure Centre (5:30pm - 7:00pm per 13-week session) $286.00 + GST($14.30)=$300.30 - Sept 15, 22, 29, Oct 6, 13, 20, 27, Nov 3, 10, 17, 24, Dec 1, 8, 2023 (No missed dates).
- Saturdays at Mount Royal University (8:30am - 9:50am per 10-week session) $220.00 - Sept 16, 23, 30, Oct 14, 21, 28, Nov 4, 18, 25, Dec 2, 2023. (No lesson Oct 7, Nov 11, 2023).
- Saturdays at Mount Royal University (10:00am - 11:20am per 10-week session) $240.00 + GST($12.00)=$252.00 [Sept 16, 23, 30, Oct 14, 21, 28, Nov 4, 18, 25, Dec 2 (No lesson Oct 7, Nov 11,2023)].
Registration is now available through our new registration platform effective August 9, 2023.
Payment: Each registrant will be required to submit payment on our Active Net registration site and payment is due at the time of registration.
The Badminton Academy - Elite Training (Tryouts September 9th, 2023). Mount Royal University - Stanley Gym- Time: 8:30am - 11:30am.
The Badminton Academy provides identified junior aged athletes the opportunity to train twice per week from September through June.
Through the use of a talent identification process, Calgary Youth program coaches make recommendation and present the opportunity for athletes to recieve additional weekly training.
For all other athletes interested in trying out for our elite program they must register and pay a registration fee and be assessed prior to acceptance. At the conclusion of the assessment, for those athletes successful at the tryouts, will recieve an invitation email inviting them into the elite program. Our two day a week training program held at Mount Royal Universiy on Saturday's and The Univesity of Calgary on Monday evening's training sessions will focus on topics that are challenging to all athletes and relevant to their level of skill acquisition.
Selected athletes must make the commitment to attend all training sessions (fall, winter & spring each with a seperate session fee) and are encouraged to participate in selected junior tournaments as advised by the coaching staff. Athletes will compete in junior tournaments under the Badminton Academy club listing, tournament fees will apply.
Athletes interested in this elite program for the FALL session must be identified through any of the following programs: MRU youth Programs, U of C youth programs or through the City of Calgary youth programs and make application to Badminton Alberta on-line registration site at www.badmintonalberta.ca.
Register is on-line- A $25.00 registration fee must be paid prior to attending the elite tryouts, not refundable.