Alberta Winter Games
It is a goal of the Alberta Sport to promote and facilitate a multi-sport event for Alberta's youth for the enhancement of sport development.
The purposes of the Alberta Winter Games is to provide a competitive opportunity for developing athletes, generally twelve to seventeen years of age.
The Alberta Winter Games also serve the following general purposes:
- to motivate Albertans to achieve a higher level of physical fitness through more active participation in sport;
- to assist athletes with the interest and ability to work toward their maximum potential;
- to provide competition that will serve the developmental needs for each sport throughout Alberta;
- to showcase the talents of Albertans in a wide range of sport and activities;
- to develop the cultural and social components as an enhancement to Games in Alberta;
- to provide each hosting community with a legacy of experienced volunteers and upgraded facilities; and
- to assist in the preparation of potential athletes for the Canada Games, where possible.
The Alberta Games are a provincial competition held every second year (even). In order to ensure that the Games include participants from every part of Alberta, the province has been divided into eight zones.
Playoffs or zone team selections will take place in each of the eight zones and participants will compete for their zone at the Alberta Games.
To be considered for involvement in the Alberta Games, each Provincial Sport Association must ensure there will be active participation in at least five of the eight zones.
Provincial Sport Advisor:
- Badminton Alberta Toll-free tel. 1.888.397-2722 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2024 Alberta Winter Games will take place in Grande Prairie, AB, from February 16-19.
See below for important information about registration and general information: